The first step to start using Zoom is to download the application for free on your laptop, install it and register. Once these steps are completed, you can enter the settings and start the conference. Let’s consider these issues in more detail.
How to download Zoom for free
First, let’s look at how to download Zoom on a laptop in Russian. You can do this for free using the links on our website. Windows, Linux and Mac OS versions are available for download. Immediately, we note that the laptop must meet the following requirements:
- RAM – from 4 GB;
- CPU – from 1 GHz (better from 2 GHz);
- sound card;
- Internet connection.
Download for Mac
Download Zoom for Linux
To download Zoom software for your laptop for free, click on the required link. Next, do the following:
- wait for the file to load;
- run the installer and install Zoom;
- open the program and make sure it works correctly.
Alternatively, you can download the Zoom laptop app directly from the official website (also free).
Once you’ve managed to download and install Zoom for your laptop, proceed to registration. Do the following:
- Run the application you just installed.
- In the field that appears, select Sign in to.
- Click on the link Register for free.
- Please enter your date of birth. The system warns that this data is only needed for verification and is not saved in the program.
- Go to the mail with your username and password. If you can’t find the email in the public folder, look in Spam. Most likely, the shipment got into it.
- Click on the activation button.
- Confirm the action.
This completes the registration. The option is available for free, after which you can log into Zuma on your laptop and use its capabilities.
Setting up and getting started
Downloading and installing Zoom is just the beginning, because you need to configure the program on your laptop and start a conference for communication. After entering the application on a laptop, users are offered several options:
- enter a new conference;
- schedule a broadcast for the future;
- go to an already created video broadcast;
- enable screen sharing;
- go to chat for communication;
- get information about the web conference and the ID;
- see current contacts.
To create a meeting for free in Zoom, click on the New meeting button and select Log in using computer sound. Next, go to the settings (arrow to the right of the microphone) and set the required parameters. Here you can set video and sound characteristics, set recording parameters, make changes to the profile and view statistics.
Now you know how to download and use Laptop Zoom. Zoom is available free of charge, but meeting time is limited to 40 minutes. To get advanced features, you need to buy the paid version.