On forums of interest, you often come across the question of how to draw on screen sharing in Zoom. Below we will consider the rules for using this tool, we will analyze the steps for enabling and disabling it.
How to draw in Zoom on screen sharing
Users can draw after the conference starts in Zoom. Then follow the next steps:
- Click on the Demonstration button.
- Find the Message Board among the applications provided.
- Select it, and then a workspace with information from past conferences appears.
- To clear it, click on the trash can icon, and then Clear all pictures.
Now let’s figure out how to draw in a conference in Zoom. There are several tools at the disposal of the broadcast creator and users – selection, text writing, drawing, mark, eraser, shape, and others.
For example, to create a circle on a Zoom screen share, do the following:
- click on the draw button;
- select a circle;
- place it in the required place, and then move it with the mouse, if required;
- change the color and thickness of the lines using the Shape section (if required);
- use text to add words, etc.
Before drawing in Zoom on a computer while sharing a screen, understand the tools and their capabilities. Let’s highlight the main ones:
- Mark– allows you to add marks or images to the paper.
- Draw– add lines, for example, with a brush.
- Arrow– allows you to draw attention to a specific element of the board.
- Undo & Redo– helps you undo or redo the last action.
It’s easy to figure out how to draw in Zoom. All that is required is to practice several times in the conference on screen sharing.
How to draw in someone else’s conference
Sometimes the creator of the broadcast does not prevent other users from drawing on the screen share in Zoom. For this, two conditions must be met:
- the administrator has a message board activated;
- remote control enabled.
In this case, you can add drawings to someone else’s screen sharing after clicking the Comment button.
In this case, the question often arises of how to find out who is drawing at the presentation. If there is only one listener, it is not difficult to deal with the question. It’s another matter when there are many students. If so, take the following steps in advance:
- Find the Zoom toolbar.
- Click on three dots.
- Please check the box for comment authors.
- When the picture appears, look at the data next to the tool (the student’s name is displayed there).
The above option can be turned off. To do this, figure out how to prevent participants from drawing on the screen in Zoom. The algorithm is as follows:
- Enter the app settings. Zoom.
- Go to the General section and show more settings.
- On the new page, scroll down to the Comments section.
- Move the slider to the left (disabled).
- Also turn off the next item Message board. In this case, the possibility of joint use of the board is lost.
The remote control can be left on to allow the student to control the content. If this is not necessary, disable the option.
Now you know how to draw on a screencast in Zoom and what tools to consider when setting up. Understanding these points helps manage your broadcast and increases its effectiveness.