Various filters that are applied to a person’s face and make him unrecognizable are gaining immense popularity, so users have a similar question: will it be possible to use masks in Zoom on a computer or smartphone. And if we talk about the functionality of a standard service application, then there is no such possibility. It is for this reason that one has to look for workarounds, one of which is the use of third-party programs. They work on the principle that the image from your camera is automatically resized (like on Instagram or Snapchat).
How to create a mask in Zoom on a computer?
If you are wondering how to make a mask in Zoom, we recommend that you pay attention to the Snap Camera program, available for computers running Windows and MacOS operating systems. We offer to download the application and enable the desired option in order to take advantage of the required opportunity. To do this, we have compiled a step-by-step instruction explaining the procedure:
- Open a browser on your PC and go to the official service page ( https://snapcamera.snapchat.com/download/ ).
- We agree with the license agreement and put a tick in the appropriate paragraph. We also pass the check for a robot by selecting the proposed images. If you want to receive special offers and other information, please enter your own email address.
- Click “Download” and save the installation file. It is he who will be required in order to put on the masks in Zuma.
- We start the installation process and follow the instructions provided. There is absolutely nothing complicated in this, because the procedure is standard and similar to installing other programs. The only thing is, do not forget to select the desired drive, where all files will be unpacked.
As a result of simple actions, we managed to install the Snap Camera program on the PC, which is used to create effects in Zoom. If unforeseen problems arose during installation, we recommend temporarily disabling the antivirus (according to users, this sometimes happens).
How do I use masks in Zoom?
The application you need to work has been successfully installed, so it’s time to figure out how to create masks in Zoom and apply the effect you like. It should be noted that the filter will be activated not only in relation to the video conference, but also to the entire camera. Consequently, the mask will be visible in other situations when you decide to use your webcam. To configure, we suggest referring to the step-by-step guide:
- Open the program and click on the “Next” button.
- A window will appear in front of you, where the image from your camera will be located. To select the desired mask, you need to go down a little, where all the effects are located.
- But do not rush to activate the filter, because first you need to open Zoom on your PC. Then click on the arrow icon, and in the menu that appears, note the name of the application (in our case, Snap Camera).
- All that remains is to go back and highlight the effect you like. If necessary, you can add your own mask.
Thus, we have covered how to use masks in Zoom. Often there are no problems with the operation of the additional utility, but if they arise, you can go to the settings and change some parameters. For example, choose a different picture resolution or clear the cache.
As for smartphones, there in Zuma it will not work to apply any filter. Such an option is simply not provided by the developers, and they could not find similar applications. Still have additional questions? Then feel free to ask them in the comments!