One of the points to consider when learning Zoom is screenshots. Users often ask how to take a screenshot to save useful information and then repeat the lesson in the future. Below we will look at several methods that enhance the conference capabilities.
When considering options for how to take a screenshot in Zoom, you need to start with the standard method built into the program. It’s not really about taking a screenshot, but about saving information to a message board.
To use the option and take a screenshot in Zoom, follow these steps:
- Enter the Zoom program.
- Start or join a conference.
- Next, turn on Sharing in Zoom and choose the best option, for example, Message Board.
- When finished, take a Screenshot in Zoom. To do this, in the toolbar, just click on the Save button.
Immediately after that, the Show in folder button appears. Clicking on it opens access to previously saved screenshots. The path to save by default: Document – Zoom – Information about the conference (date, surname) – file name. In the future, the Zoom screenshot can be moved to another location and the name can be changed.
By the way, in the process of communication, you can save the chat. This is not exactly a screenshot, but it allows you to save correspondence. The algorithm is as follows:
- During a Zoom conference, press the Chat button.
- Chat with other users.
- Click on the Save button.
The file is saved in the same folder as the Message Board screen (mentioned above).
If the above methods do not work, you can create screenshots in Zoom using the capabilities of a PC or phone.
On the computer:
- Press the PrtScn button any time you need a screenshot of the Zoom screen. After that, enter any editor, for example, Paint, and paste the image by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Click on the Win + PrtScn button. In this case, the snapshot is saved automatically and is located in the Screenshots folder (located in the Images folder).
- Use dedicated browser extensions. As an option. Lightshot will do. It can be used to make a screen of the area of interest on the display. This option is suitable if you work through a browser.
- Use the scissors tool on Windows. To do this, go to Start, enter the name of the tool (Scissors) in the search box and click Create. After that, set the desired settings and make a screen of the required area.
On the phone, everything depends on the make and model of the phone, many have different key combinations or procedures. The most common of them:
- Press the volume down and power buttons at the same time, and then hold them for a few seconds. A click indicates that the file has been saved. Another option, press the Power and Home buttons together until the screen creation icon appears.
- Pull down the top panel and select Take screenshot.
The principle of creating a screen in Zoom on the phone depends on the device model and may differ.
As you can see from the article, taking a screenshot in Zoom is not difficult. This can be easily accomplished using built-in tools or dedicated tools on the device (PC or phone) where the conference is held.