Novice users of the program often ask how to turn on the sound in Zoom during a connection or during a conference on a phone or PC. There are many questions regarding problems with audio playback and making calls. We will consider these and other points in more detail in the article.
How to enable sound in Zoom on PC and phone
Most of the difficulties in the work of the program are associated with ignorance of the basic rules for working with audio devices. Below we will consider the principles of enabling sound on a computer and smartphone.
How to enable on PC
First, let’s take a look at how to enable and configure Zoom audio on your computer before and during a meeting. If you are a registered user, follow these steps:
- Click on the program icon.
- Log in with your username and password.
- In the horse that appears with four icons and time, click on the gear in the upper right.
- Go to the category of interest.
- Position the speaker and test it, select a suitable volume.
- Select a microphone from the list, test it and set the volume. Optionally, you can set automatic level control.
When you go to the Advanced section, you can set the suppression of echo, intermittent or continuous background noise.
If you are not registered, you can connect your computer audio to Zoom directly in a web meeting. To do this, go through the following steps:
- Log in to the program and go to the video conference.
- Select the Automatically join audio conference … checkbox.
- Click the Sign in using computer sound button.
Now pay attention to the state of the icon at the bottom left (microphone symbol). If it is crossed out, click on the icon to enable audio in Zoom. A registered user can make the same settings after entering the conference.
How to enable on a mobile device
An equally important question is how to turn on the sound on the phone in Zoom. Immediately, we note that when installing the application, you must give all the necessary permissions – to the microphone, speaker and other devices.
For normal conference work, go through the following steps:
- When connecting to a video conference, give access to the system and click Got it.
- Allow audio and video recording (optional).
- After connecting to the broadcast, click on the line Call using the sound of the Zoom device.
- Click on the crossed-out microphone icon at the bottom left to enable audio.
If the above actions did not allow you to enable the option, this means that you do not have permission to use the microphone in Zoom. In this case, you need to enter the conference again and give permission to the system.
Above, we looked at how to enable audio in a Zoom meeting after entering the broadcast. But it is better to check the equipment in advance. To do this, use the built-in capabilities:
After completing these steps, create your own or log into an existing Zoom video conference. There shouldn’t be any problems.
How to turn off all audio
There are situations when it is necessary to mute all participants. Take the following steps:
- click on the Participants button;
- at the bottom, find and click the Mute All Sound button.
For Zoom users, to mute audio, simply click on the microphone symbol at the bottom left. If you only have your phone at hand, the same principle works here.
Sound problems and solutions
If you are having problems with audio and you cannot turn it on, there may be several reasons. Let’s highlight the main ones:
- breakdown of speakers or microphone;
- damage to wires;
- the plug is not fully inserted;
- low or off volume;
- your microphone is muted in Zoom.
Poor quality or stuttering is often caused by an aging PC, an unstable connection, or poor microphone quality. If the sound is too quiet, try moving closer to the microphone, adding sensitivity, or raising the volume.