How to record sound in Zoom on a computer or smartphone? This is the interest of users who want to listen to the lecture, meeting or lesson in the future. As it turned out, this option is provided by default in the service program on the PC, but on the phone you cannot do without a paid subscription. However, there are third-party applications that allow you to implement your plans without additional investment. Well, let’s take a closer look at how to enable audio recording in Zoom on any device.
How to record audio in Zoom on computer?
If you have joined a certain conference, then at the bottom of the screen you will see a button “Record”, which is responsible for starting the recording. Just before that, in the program settings, you will need to activate some parameters that are responsible for the sound. In order to do everything right, we suggest using step-by-step instructions:
- Open the Zoom app on your PC.
- Click on the gear icon located in the corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, mark the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Recording” section, and then put a tick in the “Record a separate audio file for each speaker”. There are also other lines there that allow not only recording audio in the conference, but also the image from the screen. Activate the parameters that you plan to use.
- We save the changes and close the settings.
And now, in order to record what is happening in Zoom on a computer, you need to go to the conference and click on the item of the same name. In this case, you must have permission from the conference organizer. How do I get it? And it’s very easy – you need to contact the administrator so that he would click on your profile and select “Allow Recording”.
If it is not possible to record conversations through the built-in capabilities, then we suggest using third-party programs. For example, the same Bandicam or a utility built into Windows 10. As a result, you will receive files with sound that you can use for your own purposes.
How do I enable sound recording on my smartphone?
As you know, the Zoom application can be installed on the phone, but you cannot activate recording there in the standard way. To do this, you will need to pay for the full version, which not every user will agree to do. Then third-party programs come to the rescue, which can be installed on both Android and iOS. In short, the instruction looks like this:
- Open Play Market or App Store.
- In the search box, enter the name of the required utility (for example, XRecorder or Az Screen Recorder).
- Click on the “Install” button and download the program.
And now, before starting a conference in Zoom, you need to activate audio recording using the installed application. Also, on some smartphones, the required program is present by default, so downloading third-party software is not at all necessary.
Why can’t I write by default?
Quite often, users ask the following question: why does Zuma record the screen without sound? There are the following reasons for this, which you can find in the list:
- the desired option is simply disabled in the settings;
- you do not have the appropriate permission from the board administrator;
- system error;
- insufficient free space.
So, here we have figured out how to record sound in Zoom on a computer or phone. This can be done both through the built-in capabilities of the service and through third-party applications. Still have additional questions? Then ask them in the comments!