A virtual background for Zoom is a splash screen that appears immediately after the presenter or participant in the broadcast. This option is useful when working at home, when things or toys are scattered in the background and need to be hidden. Below we will look at how to change the background in Zoom on a phone or PC, where to download it, and where to find it if necessary.
How to make a virtual background on a computer
To install a virtual panel on a computer, you need a powerful PC with a 4-core CPU, a new OS version and an updated Zoom software. Also, pre-download and register in the program.
If you have created an account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Zoom app.
- Click on the top right gear symbol.
- In the settings, select the item Virtual background. Here you can select the pictures you want and change the back panel.
- Choose any of the available options. To install a smart background, download the package. The system warns that this work needs to be done only once.
- Click on the Download button in the window that appears and wait for the download.
- After downloading, install the picture you like and close the settings.
Please note that the developers recommend that your real background be solid, and ideally green, then the display of the virtual background will be correct. Otherwise, there may be problems.
in addition, you and your clothes should not merge with the background, for example, a white wall and white clothes can give such a cropped image.
Now let’s take a look at how to create a virtual background in Zoom during broadcast. The algorithm is as follows:
- Click the arrow to the left of the Include video item.
- Go to sound settings.
- Select Select Virtual Background.
- Specify a suitable picture or turn off the screensaver completely.
How to add a new video or picture
If you wish, you can download a new background for Zoom and install it on your computer during the broadcast. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Enter Zoom and click on the gear.
- Go to the section of interest.
- Click on the plus on the right side.
- Select Add Image or Video.
And so, for one or two, you can find yourself, say, in an apartment in Paris. If you decide to add a picture or video, there are a few requirements to consider. The image must be 1280×720 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16 to 9. Requirements for video – MP4 or MOV format. The minimum resolution is 360p and the maximum is 1080p. Keep these features in mind when you decide to add new wallpapers and change them as needed.
How to make a virtual Zoom screensaver from your phone
If you wish, you can make changes from your mobile device. The option is not available on all smartphones, mainly on powerful devices, for example, iPhones 8 and above . Before making the background in Zuma on your phone, install the application, register and enter the program using your username and password.
The selection of the virtual panel will be available during the settings or after starting the conference. In the second case, take the following steps:
- Join a Zoom meeting.
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right.
- Click on the Virtual Background item.
- Choose an image or add your own by clicking on the plus button and choosing a picture from the phone gallery.
- The virtual picture is simultaneously used for broadcasting from any of the cameras used. Immediately, we note that in some smartphone models and software versions, the required item may not be available. In this case, you need to come to terms with the existing design or arrange a broadcast from a PC.
- Knowing how to set a background in Zoom for a conference, you can replace the back design at any time and thereby hide an uncleaned apartment. The downside is that this option is only available on powerful PCs and not on all mobile phones.
A selection of cool backgrounds for Zoom