Despite the extremely outdated version of the operating system, many users are still interested in how to download Zoom for Windows XP. This is due to the fact that not too powerful computers are simply pointless to update, because because of this they will work even slower. But when you need to join a conference, it will be difficult to keep in touch with other participants without installing the official service application. As it turned out, you can download the program from the official website, and without any additional steps. And we will talk about this further.
How to download Zoom for Windows XP?
Can Zoom for Windows XP be downloaded from the official site? Yes, but only for the third build of the operating system. If you do not know which version is being used now, then we suggest following the steps from the step-by-step instructions to obtain the necessary information:
- On the desktop, find the shortcut “My Computer” and double-click on it.
- On the page that opens, we are looking for an empty space, on which we press RMB.
- In the list that appears, mark the “Properties” option, which allows you to learn a little more about the Windows XP system.
- Open the “General” tab, and then pay attention to the “System” sub-item. Among all the characteristics there should be an inscription Service Pack 3. It makes it clear that downloading Zoom for your computer with Windows XP will work without any difficulties.
Now let’s go directly to the instructions for downloading Zoom on a Windows XP computer:
- We open any browser (you can even Internet Explorer).
- Go to the official page of the service, or rather open the “Download Center” tab ( https://zoom.us/download ).
- Find the required version of the client for the PC, and then click on the “Download” button.
And as a result, you will be able to download the Zoom program, as evidenced by the file that appears in the browser. The procedure does not take much time, but it all depends on the current internet speed. If an error occurs, then follow the steps from the instructions again.
How do I install and configure Zoom?
What should you do after downloading the application? That’s right – to understand how to install the program on a computer. Despite the outdated version of the operating system, the procedure does not differ much even from Windows 10. However, we suggest that you read the step-by-step guide so as not to run into possible problems:
- Click on the downloaded file.
- We follow the instructions of the installer and complete the installation of the program.
- We authorize in our Zoom account using one of the available methods. For example, via Google mail or Facebook.
And now, after performing some simple steps, you can start creating your own conferences. If necessary, go to settings to slightly change the available options. For example, you might be able to mute your camera or audio when you join any meeting. In general, the items are the same as on a smartphone.
So, here we have seen how to download Zoom for Windows XP and install the video conferencing application. It is important to pay attention not only to the version of the system, but also to the power of the computer (if the hardware is weak, then the service may not work). Still have additional questions? Then ask them in the comments!